During these times of high stress, our focus strays away from relationship and toward external validation. Here are some tips that will help you to have a more successful relationship.
1. Mutual commitment – it is important to pledge emotional involvement to each other
2. Support each other’s identity and individuality within the relationship
3. Authentic Communication – talk often and open, in both good and stressful times.
4. Share in mutual interests and fun – without jealousy or competitiveness
5. Take ownership – do not judge, harbor resentments or be critical
6. Have sense of humor and reveal in the partnership