The good news is that the more you practice a new behavior, a thought or emotion, the more it will become a habit. For better or worse researchers found that it takes as short as 30 days to condition you and form an automatic habit.
Unfortunately, patterning happens with negative behavior, thought or emotion as well as positive. So if you overly focus on one thing repetitively then it embeds itself deeply and becomes your reality.
Use this research to your advantage. You can change a behavior, thought or emotion into a success pattern by consciously practicing positive either for 30 days. This new pattern in turn will motivate you to achieve your goals. Positive patterning will create benefits of increased organization and productivity, fewer crises, more life balance and mental peace. Focusing on where are headed is more important than where you have been or how fast you are accomplishing things. And remember that your strongest tool for success is creative visualization. Imagine in your mind how you will be, think and feel in the future.
Five Tips for Creating a Success Patterning
1. Visualize your new behavior, thought or emotion early in the morning, with your morning cup of coffee or tea for 30 days straight.
2. Train yourself to be consistent and perform your new pattern training as it is your job.
3. Do not work on too objectives at once. Work on one behavior, thought or emotion at a time.
4. Do not procrastinate. Slow down & focus on the changes you want to make. Visualize yourself changing them.
5. Balance your life with rest, healthy nutrition and exercise.
Here is another piece of advice.
Experience everyday as though you have a blank canvas in front of you and paint on the canvas new behaviors, thoughts and emotions you want to express through “creating in the moment”. Do not attempt to fix the past or project into the future.
Remember the healthier you think you are the healthier you are.